Friday, November 19, 2004

It's Part of the Job

Recently God has allowed me the opportunity to share my faith as well as his goodness and grace to friends and fellow Christian brothers in need. I welcome the opportunity to help someone anyway I can, not that I have the answers, but I do have life experiences that I have learned from, and I believe that it is my job to learn from these and to pass the knowledge and lessons that God has taught me from these trials to others.

Isn't that our job as Christians, not to be judgmental of others, but to come to brothers or sisters in love when they are out of line? It kills me to hear recently how some new Christian brothers have tried to do the right thing and surround themselves with believers, but when these baby Christians have started to get off the path, the mature believers say nothing and do nothing. They have instead patted them on the back with things like "it must be tough going thru what you are" but did not use this as an opportunity to talk about how the devil is using these bad events and situations in their lives, to cause them to stumble and sin. True as it might be that these time are tough and it is hard to do the right thing sometimes, these are opportunities to share and to help guide these new Christians. By doing or saying nothing we let the new believers down, our God down and ourselves down. I know its tough sometimes and some of us aren't wired to be very confrontational or even just conversational, but God will overcome this if we allow him to work through us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well put!

Anonymous said...

Hey TC, this is great. Very good reminder to me and also an encouragment. We are so BLESSED. keep on burninating.
-amy lou

Anonymous said...

You have a great way of looking at things! I really enjoy your mix of technology and spiritual articles. Keep them coming!